Greenhavens Network is a network of over 100 community groups that join together, as and when to, deliver great projects across the Lewes District. Through sharing skills and knowledge, we help each other, connecting people and wildlife.
Using social media to promote opportunities and successes is hugely important to our members of whom we have over 3000, over 1000 on our social media group.
We run a very busy social media group and a Page which our Vice Chair is looking to take a step back from and we need someone to step into her shoes running the platforms. If you are really keen there is the opportunity to set up a Twitter and Instagram account too, something to date we haven’t had time for.
We are looking for a volunteer who is competent in using social media to promote these opportunities to local people as well as to people further a field. With your help we hope to improve our green spaces including our verges and gardens for people and wildlife.
Overview of the role
Working with the Greenhavens Committee you will help to promote the exciting array of activities and events that take place of Lewes District using Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
Types of Tasks you will be involved with
- Regular posting of an agreed content to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Creating links with other community organisations via social media.
- Looking for opportunities and building contacts to promote Greenhavens Network both at a local and national level.
- Assisting the committee to produce and distribute a monthly newsletter which will contain community groups project updates, a programme of up-and-coming events and activities as well as features from our website stories.
- Experience in using social media.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident in networking with a good knowledge of the local area.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you would be interested in and you have a couple of hours to spare each week then please get in touch.