Inspired to try growing some vegetables, while you are isolating at home?
Find a bag and some potatoes, and follow these instructions from Marina at Landport Community Garden. These were recently posted in our busy facebook group!
Here we go: how to plant spuds in a bag.
1. Chit spuds in windowsill. Egg carton is useful.
2. Remove all shoots bar one.
3. Put a few shovels of soil in bag (up to about 8 inches)
4. Place five spuds with shoot pointing upwards in the bag (see pic)
5. Cover with about 8 inches of soil.
When we have shoots we’ll cover them with soil. That should be a couple of weeks away or longer. Depends if we get some warmth.